Fort Belvoir, VA Housing and Relocation Information
Basic Allowance For Housing (BAH) is provided by the military to help active service members with housing costs, and can be used for either on- or off-base housing.
- The Housing Services Office (703) 805-3019 offers relocation services, information and support for soldiers and families who are relocating.
- The Unaccompanied Personnel Housing (703) 806-5386 is reserved for Single and Unaccompanied Soldiers ranked E5 or below. Follow the link for more information regarding the barracks amenities.
On-base housing for is privatized. Contact The Villages At Belvoir (703) 619-3877 to check available housing for your rank and family size. They offer many amenities such as: fitness center, swimming pool, playgrounds, business center and basketball court. Home amenities include: ceiling fans, private backyards, garages and free lawn care.
Off Post Housing
Search our database for available rentals and homes for sale in the area.
Buy A House
- Click here to contact a local Real Estate Agent
- Click here to view Houses For Sale
- Click here for a list of Preferred Lenders
Not sure where you are going? Click here for other installations.
The communities of Newington and Lorton are about 10 minutes from Fort Belvoir. Other places to live off post within a 20-35 minute commute are Burke, Annandale, Arlington, Alexandria, Woodbridge, and Springfield. Many families choose to live in one of the suburbs to commute into the nation's capital for work or play. Fairfax County is one of the most populated districts in Virginia and metro area of Washington DC. There are many shopping centers, businesses, and opportunities for living in more rural or urban neighborhoods to suit each family. Lorton is another nearby city.
About the Installation
Fort Belvoir is home to the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the United States Army Intelligence and Security Command, and many other crucial federal agencies. Fort Belvoir is located in Fairfax County, Virginia, near the nation's capital. For more information click here.